Monday, April 14, 2014

Friday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Psalm 143      Exodus 9:13-35      2 Corinthians 4:1-12      Mark 10:32-45

Quoted and adapted from
the readings

A Servant’s Prayer

Hear my prayer, O God; in your faithfulness,
     let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning,
          for I put my trust in you.

Teach me the way I should go, for I lift up my soul to you;
     for I am your servant.
There is no one like you in all the earth.
     Your power and your name resound through all the earth.

It is by your mercy that I commend myself to your ministry;
     for it is your light that shines out of the darkness
          and shines in my heart to give the light of the knowledge
          of your glory in the face of your Son, Jesus Christ.

Show me the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ,
     who is the image of you.
Teach me not to proclaim myself; but to proclaim Jesus Christ as
     Lord and myself as a servant for his sake.

Hear my prayer, O God; in your faithfulness,
     let me hear of your steadfast love in the evening,
          for I put my trust in you.


  Betsy Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment